Good to know information for citizens traveling to Nepal
- Nepal Telecom
- Smart Cell
- In Nepal the power plugs and sockets are of type C
- D and M The standard voltage is 230 V and the standard frequency is 50 Hz
- Tourist Police (Bhrikuti Mandap) -4226359/4226403
- Nepal Tourism Board -4256909
- Department of Immigration -4223509
- Bishal Bazaar-4244121
- Nepal Chamber-4230213/4222890
- Red Cross-4228094
- Nepal TimeTime zone in Nepal (GMT+5:45)
A visa for Nepal can be obtained on arrival at the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu and at border entry points in Kakadvitta, Birgunj, Bhairahawa, Nepalgunj, Gaddachowki on the Nepal-India border and Kodari on the Nepal-China border.Outside of Nepal, A visa can also be obtained at the nearest Nepal Embassy or Diplomatic Mission. To renew a Visa you can go to the Department of Immigration, Kalikasthan, Kathmandu.
Nationals from Afghanistan, Cameroon, Ethiopia, Ghana, Iraq, Liberia, Nigeria, Palestine, Somalia, Swaziland, Syria and Zimbabwe need to arrange a visa before arriving.